Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The Couture Connection Shoot





Last Friday I did a photoshoot for the Couture Connection.  This is one of my clients that is a online clothing catalog.

We did the shoot in the morning in my midtown studio, and we had only 3 hours to finish.  Needless to say, it was RUSH RUSH RUSH.

I felt bad for the models, because of the all the rushing and hurrying.  There were seven models, a couple of production people (like hair and makup) and a handful of obvservers in the studio.  It started with a frantic pace, models running to the changing area to get changed and running back to the area where we were shooting.  Like I said, three hours and a LOT of clothing to get through.  The ONLY way we were going to finish on budget were with the very hard work of the owner, KIM, organizing things, and the very hard work of the models rushing around!

That said, somehow, someway, it seemed to all be so smooth.  The models were awesome.  They were poised and professional, working hard...but through the whole thing, what really struck me was how NICE they all were.  Despite my constant yelling of "NEXT!" and move left, move right, find your mark, turn your head, smile, don't smile, move your shirt, Other LEG!...they stayed happy, and friendly.  They joked and played, while maintaining a great work ethic.  The experience was great, and I really can't wait to work with all these girls again!
Oh...and I think it was said that next time we were going to both extend the hours, and have tequila on site.  

Should be interesting!


2 comments:

  1. The shoot was a blast! Can't wait to do it again, now that we have a better idea of how things will run. You did an amazing job and we all enjoyed working with you. I can't wait to see all the photos. I know the boss lady is extremely happy with them. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK!!

    You were a blast! You have such a big personality...I would love the chance to shoot you, your husband and kids... I think we would get a lot of personality on the camera!

    ReplyDelete