Tuesday, April 28, 2009

And the EYES have it......


The eyes are the windows to the soul....

Yeah...pretty darn cliche, huh?  lol
It's interesting, though.  I was thinking about it last night, as I was looking at my pictures.  I find the pictures that I like the best...the ones that really Move me...the eyes are always the main focal point of the picture.
Like the one above.  The depth of the child is so highlighted by the intensity of the eyes.
It made me think...ever since I was a teenager...when friends would talk about girls, and...well.. what parts they like "best"....for me it was the eyes.  Yeah....my friends would tease me about it.  But it was true.  Looking back at past girlfriends....they are all so different.  But the one thing they have in common is beautiful eyes.  
Actually....if you look at most of my close friends...female OR male...you will find that the thing most of them have in common is VERY intense eyes and VERY intelligent eyes.
I guess, thinking back, I've always been drawn to people in general that are like that...those people that you say...wow!  They have really intense eyes...or wow...you can see all their emotion, or passion in their eyes.  Or...they have Kind eyes.  Intelligent eyes.

Maybe that's why I tend to like photography's that really show the eyes.  Really a part of my photographic style.  Ok...thats not to say ALL my pictures are focused around the eyes.  That would just be silly.  But the ones that move ME, are.  The ones that I tend to really go WOW at...

I'm curious what other people think....do YOU have that same reaction to the ones with the eyes that I do?  Or this picture above just ANOTHER baby picture... or maybe you like it because of the sunglasses.  I LOVE the sunglasses, by the way...it totally works in the picture.  I just think the Eyes are the most important element, though.

Tell me what you think.................
(ok guys...this is where you stop just READING...and interact..)  :)



1 comment:

  1. Hi :-) I'm just commenting to say that I have been looking through all of your posts tonight - I stumbled upon your blog from a thread on the website called Reddit (if you use it: through a subreddit called r/wholesomememes). Totally by chance.

    Your pictures, and your blog, totally move me. They are beautiful, beautifully captured, beautifully explained, just...Beautiful. I love the eys, too.

    Thank you for posting your blog. I love it and it is inspiring. You have a new follower :-)

    ReplyDelete